If you are creative or you have an idea for your own pattern for a story, use these tips to guide the process:
- Choose a single story to tell.
- Review a number of existing patterns to get ideas from the style and illustration elements.
- Print out the blank hand outline. Then use a pencil to lightly sketch your pattern ideas.
- Try to tell the story by using your pattern.
- When your pencil sketch looks the way you want, use a good black pen or very fine tipped marker to create even and clear lines on top of your pencil drawing.
- Now, use your pattern to look at as you draw with henna on yourself or a friend.
Tip: If your custom design is intended to fit along with other existing designs, then you need to consider using the same illustration style and elements. For example, if a particular flower design represents peace and your story includes peace then you should use the same flower design from the existing patterns.
Download Printable Hand Outline